Monday, September 10, 2007

My Thrifting and I Have Been Offically Tagged!!!!!!!!

A week before last I was coming home from the local college and found this wonderful yard sale. A elderly couple had passed away and their family was getting rid of alot of their stuff. I went looking through everything and found a few items. First, above, I found this vintage calender notebook that fits in your back pocket. I bet you could have gotten them at the local feed and seed market. Notice below, the date is 1948.






Here I found inside of a shaving kit was a skeleton key with a wooden key chain, with the initials M. The lady said this was her father's key and she remembered it as a child and she also remembered the calender. She said it brought back memories. I wish I could see those memories myself.

Last but not least, I found this air purifier. I have always wanted one of this brand. They sell these for about $600.00 a pop, but I grabbed this one up for $5.00. It works great, literally brand new to me.


Before I leave, I wanted to share with you, that I got tagged. It is my first time ever!!!! Yeah Baby!!!!!!! I got tagged by Laura of My Little Orange Kitchen. She is the nicest person. I am suppose to tell you something about myself in the letters of my middle name. Well if you must know, my middle name is Marie. I am named after my Grandmother and my mother. Well lets get started shall we.
M = I am Married to my wonderful husband named Joe and I am also a Mother of 2 wonderful children named Joey and Abigail.
A = is for Allergies, I have alot of them. My doctor says I am one of the worst patients he has every had.

R = I am Religious. I love God and Jesus.
I = Imaginative, I loved to day dream as a child and I do sometimes now. I had a hard time paying attention in school because my mind would wander about all the time.
E = Elaborate, because when I tell a story, I go into the most elaborate details of every second of the story and never finish telling the story.
Well that all for tonight, but I hope you all have a great night.
Goodnight,
Kelli

2 comments:

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

cool finds!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli: Such nice things!